Kilohana Martial Arts Association is a non-profit organization founded to perpetuate the teachings of Professor Kufferath, as well as to promote the study of other martial disciplines so as to provide the widest possible exposure to all aspects of martial arts for our members. Kilohana also encourages the discovery of the spiritual aspects of martial art and works diligently to foster a sense of community among other martial organizations and schools.
Kilohana sponsors and supports a number of tournaments and training events throughout the year. The diversity of these events represents the diversity of our membership and many are open to members and non-members alike.
The name “Kilohana” means being made of the finest material, of being the best at what you do, and having superior character, honor and integrity. Our coat of arms denotes this spirit with the Hawaiian words “Mokomoko Ku’i Lima Po’okela Kilohana”. Roughly translated this means being the finest champion in the art of hand-to-hand combat.
Kilohana was established as Pacific Coast Kilohana in 1996 and in 2000 became a public benefit, non-profit corporation. Today, Kilohana has an international following and encompasses a wide variety of arts and styles.
The name Kilohana refers to being made of the finest material. We as founders of Kilohana promise to honor Professor Kufferath and the name Kilohana by always conducting ourselves with honor and integrity, by dedicating ourselves wholly and completely to our training, and by always striving for the perfection of character that true martial study is designed to instill in us.
- To perpetuate the teachings of Professor Sig Kufferath, Dai Shihan of Danzan Ryu Ju Jitsu and co-founder of Ken Ju Ryu Ju Jitsu, and those of his teacher, Professor Henry Okazaki, founder of Danzan Ryu Ju Jitsu.
- To promote the study of the arts of Danzan Ryu Ju Jitsu, Ken Ju Ryu Kenpo Ju Jitsu, and Kodenkan Judo.
- To provide a framework for rank promotions within the aforementioned styles of martial art.
- To provide an environment for the study of other martial disciplines, so as to provide the widest possible exposure to all aspects of martial arts for our students.
- To establish a set of standards of technical proficiency in the physical aspects of martial techniques by which studnts are graded.
- To establish a set of standards of moral and ethical behavior that must be adhered to as representatives of Kilohana.
- To encourage the discovery of the spiritual aspects of martial art, but not to interfere with the personal spiritual or religious beliefs of individual students unless they run contrary to our established code of moral and ethical behavior.
- To foster a sense of community with other martial art organizations and schools.
- To organize seminars, demonstrations, camps, tournaments and special classes that provide avenues for practicing and promulgating our core arts
Kilohana Martial Arts Association
Email: [email protected]
Hombu Dojo: Suigetsukan Dojo